08 January 2012

The Friends Piece

It is pronounced "Ritz", like the cracker.  And yes, I guess I am one. Just sayin.

The holidays are over, and they went quite smoothly.  As smoothly as these things go.  My regret is that I did not see as many of my friends as I would have liked to.  My friends, my chosen family.  They are such a diverse group.  They have made me who I am, and each and every one has come into my life with a sense of purpose.  For instance:

I texted a friend to ask with what topic I should start this blog.  About which Piece of my life.  He said "Me!"

I am so grateful that my husband has allowed me to maintain and entertain my male friends.  SO GRATEFUL!  These men crack me the hell up.  I have many male friends, and somehow they all seem to be single.  Perhaps this is why we are friends, there are no women getting in the way of our relationship.  This man-friend Piece has given me so much insight, and laughter with unconsitional acceptance.
 
I mean no disrespect to my female friends, but there is a certain rawness that is wrong on so many levels, but oh so right.  I was told by one of my male friends that I am the only woman in the world he likes (this includes his mother).  See?  Raw, and real.
This same man has given me so many quotes that I keep in my Journey Journals.  Some of you have partaken in these Journals.  I have been keeping these journals since 1997, my own since 1982.  Tis quite scary to go back and read.  But I digress...

My Journey Journals have taken me to Vail, San Fran, the Caribbean, England, Ireland, Wales, Amsterdam, Carolina Beach, Philly, and many more places.  In each of these, my man-friends seem to open up the most.  Not sure why.

Quotes from some of my best man-friends, in no particular order, and names withheld:

"I am somewhere between whale shit and the bottom of the ocean...I don't even qualify to be her bed (other word actually used here)buddy."

"Cream-based soups make me bloated."

"These beer festivals can only happen once every six months.  Hey, is there one next week?"

"I bought it from a crackhead in Greensboro."

"I like dancing to Madonna, and I am not gay."

"Look at the colors!  Wait, maybe I am gay."

"I banged who?  What?"

"It's not just the choking issue with her, she just has a lot of baggage."
 
"I don't even have enough credibiltiy with my best friend for him to introduce me to a drug dealer."

"Now I know why women are beaten and put in dumpsters."


See what I mean?  Some of these statements are extremely offensive.  I acknowledge this.  But they make me laugh...and I guess that makes me crackers.  Thanks man-friends for endlessly entertaining me.  I am so looking forward to 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment